Sunday, July 15, 2012

Potato & Bacon Soup with Dumplings

I first had this soup when my Mother-in-Law,or I should say my Mom,made it for dinner.I was in love instantly! My Father-in-Law taught me how to make it,another reason it is special to me.The recipe has been passed down in his family.I've been making it since last Fall but today I put my own twist on it & added bacon...oh heavenly yumminess!

Rogers Potato Soup with Dumplings


1 onion,chopped
1/2 stick butter
About 10 potatoes,peeled & chopped
Salt
Pepper
1-2 cans evaporated milk
Chopped bacon,cooked (optional)

Cook onions in large pot on medium heat butter till clear.Add potatoes & fill the rest of the pot with water,make sure to leave room for the milk later.Bring to boil & cook until potatoes are tender.

Turn heat down to low.Add salt & pepper to taste.Add evaporated milk.I usually do 1 1/2 cans.

Drop in dumplings(recipe below),Cook until they start to float.



Dumplings

4 cups flour
6 eggs

Mix both together until doughy.Drop into soup.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment